Here is an article I found through FT.com blog in Tom Peter's blog. The blog post is by author Raj Shetty. I do not agree with this approach of questioning yourself, more on that later. But now here is the link to the article and some of the questions
- Is your job core to what the company stands for?
- What will the company/department lose by eliminating your job?
- What is the assessment of your "value" in the eyes of the stakeholders?
- Is your job "offshorable?"
- Can you handle office politics well?